What is the Silvan Foundation?
Silvan is an environmental nonprofit which permanently preserves land: there is no commercial use of the land we preserve.
What does Silvan do?
Silvan buys land, and we accept land donations. Then we permanently preserve that land: no new roads,
buildings, logging, mining, agriculture, dams, extraction or resale. Put simply, we own land and leave it to nature.
Silvan is a preservation organization. Unlike many conservation organizations, we preserve land entirely and permanently, rather than partially and temporarily. Conservation and political organizations often have changes in priorities, Silvan does not.
Why land preservation?
We believe that some part of the planet needs to be preserved from human impact if all its species are to have a long term future. To learn more.
What are Silvan's principles?
1. Preservation: Protecting land permanently.
2. Science: Peer reviewed research is our best hope: even if we don't like the conclusions.
3. Integrity: No greenwashing, no deceptive tactics, no unsupported claims.
4. Unity: We're all in this together - one climate, one ocean, one irreplaceable planet.
How does Silvan pay for the land it preserves?
1. We sell "forever wild" easements on the land Silvan owns.
2. We accept donations of land, securities, and other assets.
3. We invest in a green portfolio that grows our endowement.
4. We sell Silvan Green Bonds.
How could I help Silvan?
1. Help us preserve more land by purchasing Silvan Green Bonds.
2. Help us preserve more land by donating to Silvan.
3. Share your nature photography.